My name is Giandomenico De Tullio, an Italian solicitor focusing on all the legal aspects Involved in the buying and selling of property in Italy and Italian inheritance matters.

Italian Solicitor is a way for me to discuss recent developments in inheritance and property law, and to talk about topics which I find interesting and thought provoking. If you have any suggested topics which you would like me to talk about on my blog, please leave a comment.


5 Responses to About

  1. Maggi Fuller says:

    More information regarding wills please, especially if you already have prepared a will in the UK that bequeaths Italian property already. I have been advised that you just have to add a clause to your UK will for it to be accepted in Italy. Is this true? I forget the particular description of this clause. Would one need to get the UK will translated into Italian?

    • Giandomenico De Tullio says:

      Dear Maggi,
      It is definitely worth drafting an Italian Will if you own assets in Italy. Succession will fall under the jurisdiction of Italian law, which means that any Will relating to Italian assets should be published with an Italian Public Notary. An Italian Public Notary cannot receive a Will drafted in a foreign language. Therefore, any non-Italian Will would require a sworn translation into Italian. This clearly generates problems and costs as well as assuming that the Will does not conflict with the Italian law. For these reasons, it is easier and probably more cost-efficient to draft a Will in Italian.

  2. I always spent my half an hour to read this web site’s posts every day along with a mug of coffee.

  3. Steve Chapman says:


    I am planning to purchase a property in Piemonte, which has a small amount of agricultural land attached (circa 16,000mq).
    I am trying to find information about what changes I can make with regards to the land, which is very flat – so can I change its use to a wooded area, place a swimming pool (or pond), install a driveway across it, etc.
    If you have any information regarding this, or know a website where I can see more information, that would be kind if you could let me know, or direct me to it.

    Best regards

    • Giandomenico De Tullio says:

      Dear Mr Chapman,
      in order to have a better understanding of the land and its commercial usability, you will need to request a certificate of urban destination (CDU).
      Such certificate is to be applied at the Zoning Department of the Technical Office of the Municipality in which the land is located.
      Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions.
      Kind regards
      Giandomenico De Tullio